Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Nike Air Force 1 Low Have a Nike Day Sneaker White Size 5.5 US
- Nike Air Max Running Neutral Ride size 10.5
- Nike Manoa Boots Haystack Velvet Brown Tan 454350-700 Size 8-13
- Nike 2006 Air Force 1 Brazil World Cup Off White 1 Union Yeezy Static sz10.5
- Asics GEL-MAI RB NEW SHOES 311837001 H802N
- NIKE AIR JORDAN 10 RETRO LIGHT SMOKE CEMENT GREY BLACK SZ MEN'S 11 [310805-062]
- NIKE AIR FORCE 1 LOW PREMIUM Anthracite Kobe Black Mamba Size 9.5 Blk
- Nike Air Force 25 White Varsity Crimson Size 17 Nike Red - Very Lightly Used
- Women's Nike Blazer Mid Rebel black leather shoe size 7
- Adidas Originals Swift Run CG4112 White White Black Knit Textile Athletic shoes
- Adidas Sports Women's Red textile 50620
- Men 10Us Nike Air Jordan6 Retro Low
- Nike MERCURIAL VICTORY VI DYNAMIC 903609-801 orange mod. 903609-801
- MZANTLA2 New Balance Fresh Foam Zante v2 LA shoes Dodgers Baseball Sz 8 2E wide
- New PUMA Ignite Evoknit LO Hypernature Women shoes Size 8
- Adidas PureBoost ZG Running shoes orange White Men's Size 14 (BA8455 )
- Adidas Adizero Adios 3 m, Men's Size 12.5D White GreyMetallic Yellow BB3313 NEW
- Q16516 Men's Adidas ZX Flux Running shoes SOLAR RED CORE BLACK VINTAGE WHITE
- NEW ADIDAS =SIZE 14 CRAZYLIGHT BOOST 2015 MID PRIMEKNIT BASKETBALL SHOES Q16878
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with